Friday, August 24

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

SEVEN YEARS....



































I keep running in my mind what I want to write about in this post.  Things we've done over the past 7 years, goals we've accomplished, changes that have happened.  I want to write about how I feel, how happy I am, how much I love my husband.

The honest truth is, I keep going to write it, but there are no words to describe what I have, what we have together. It's something only we can truly understand, something only we can really feel.  What we have is so special, so unique that there isn't something I can compare it to.

Often times I tell Dave that even "I love you" doesn't feel like enough to describe what we have. In a world where over 50% of marriages end in divorce, I feel like even calling him "my husband" isn't enough.  I personally don't believe in soul mates, but I suppose that might be the best commonly used term for our relationship.

I feel unconditionally and fully loved. I feel encouraged and supported. I feel desired. I feel heard and understood. I feel respected, valued and cherished. I feel appreciated and special. I feel fulfilled. I feel devoted and committed. I feel safe. I feel deserving. I feel challenged, inspired and driven.  I feel beautiful and confident. I feel trusted. I feel taken care of and spoiled. I feel sincere and whole. I feel free to be myself. I feel happy and so lucky to have found something people spend their lives searching for.  If I had nothing else, he would still be enough.

Seven years ago I couldn't articulate why I wanted to get married, why I knew he was the one.  I've thought about it for seven years, and I still can't tell you how I knew, but I'm so thankful that I listened to and followed my heart.

I don't know where we'll live, where we'll work or how many tattoos we'll have, but I can tell you that wherever we may be, we'll be together. I do know with 100% certainty we have what it takes to go the distance, and I know that we will spend our lives loving each other. If he happens to pass (at 110 years old) before me, I won't be far behind because living without him just isn't possible.


1 comment:

Debbie Pereira said...

Weel said Carin. So happy for you both.