Wednesday, August 15

A ring fit for a metalsmith




I will be the first to admit that I am really good at committing to a man, but to a ring... not so much! I'm really not sure what it is. Maybe I just haven't found the right one, maybe rings just aren't my thing, but  most more likely than not, I just like them ALL and it's too hard to commit to just one!

Tonight I couldn't sleep so I made this ring that has been in my head for awhile now.  I knew the only way to get it out and stop thinking about it was to make it!  I'm so freaking in love with it and glad that I stayed up way past my bed time to make it!

I hand drew and cut the plain band out of brass. The V shape detail reminds me of the point of a crown and therefore it must be fit for this princess! Plus I added a copper band that mimics the shape and has an 8 mm pyrite stone set in sterling. 

At this point I'm not sure which I like more, with or without the pyrite! Guess I'll have to wear it for a few days to see...

LOVE!


No comments: