Wednesday, August 8

LOVES OF MY PREVIOUS LIFE


































































I'm at a really good place right now. I know where I want to be, I've worked hard to get there, I'm making significant forward progress, and really do believe that I'll be able to fulfill this goal of mine, and do jewelry full time.  However, it wasn't so long ago that I had a much different dream of being a zoo keeper.  I worked very hard and made a lot of sacrifices to try and make it in the field.  I enjoyed my time there and loved a good portion of the job, but I eventually outgrew the dream, and needed to find something else, something better, something more fulfilling than zoo keeping could ever give me, and it was at that moment that I realized that jewelry was a more fitting long term dream. 

Although life changes, you change, dreams change, and ultimately it was my decision to stop pursuing a zoo career, it's still a little bittersweet.  I really loved working with animals, hoping I wasn't only making a difference in their day to day lives, but also in the bigger picture making a significant impact in regards to conservation and environmental and animal education.  It's so strange to me that I loved so much has become just a few memories, a pile of pictures and a couple great friends.

Hopefully it's not all lost, and in the long run animals will find a small place in my life again.  Maybe working part time at a goat rescue (out of the countless animals I have worked with, goats are by far my favorite!) or possibly Red Wolf conservation efforts again, but for now these pictures will have to do.  Each and everyone of them have had a significant impact in my life, have taught me so many lessons, and really allowed me to discover who I was, who I am. Hope you enjoy these as much as I do.



No comments: