Wednesday, October 29

To My Son //


He was born.

I blinked.


And now he's 7. 


I can't believe it. I'm not just saying that because that's what parents do. No, deep down inside me, way down in the tips of my toes, and deep inside my belly, I can't believe it.

He's so big. He's grown so much. He's changed so fast. How did that happen? Where did the time go? 

7 feels so different than 6 did. 

It's no longer, "don't touch that," "don't put that in your mouth," or "don't climb that." 
The parenting is different. He's so smart. He knows so much.

He's got an opinion now. A mind of his own. 

I thought the terrible 2's (or 3's as it was in our case) was hard, but seems harder in a much different way. Now I can't just say "because I say so." 

He wants to know the hows and the whys and most importantly, the why nots. 


He asks questions I can't answer.

He does things I can't do.

He's growing up.

I'm thankful to say, that he's turning into quite the boy. I could brag for days, but basically he's the best. He's smart, and witty. 
He's generous and kind.
He's so inquisitive.
He loves to learn about anything and everything. 
He's got big ideas, and his goals, oh his goals are so magnificent.

Yesterday I asked him what one of the goals he wanted to accomplish in his seventh year of life. 
He said, "I want to parachute." 

He doesn't know it yet, but Saturday we're taking him skydiving (ok, ok, indoor skydiving, but it's what you can do at 7) because we'll do anything to make his dreams come true. 




BIGGEST BESTEST HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MOST WONDERFUL, AWESOMEST, RADICAL DUDE THAT I WILL EVER HAVE THE PLEASURE OF CALLING MY SON.

I love you.

 ♥ Mommy
















No comments: