Friday, June 29

STEPPING OUT OF THE CUBICLE

Well I'm not going to lie... last night was a little rough.  I know everyone feels this way at least some of the time.  I can't help but feel like my life is like running, actually SPRINTING on a treadmill. I am continually having to dig deep within myself to push forward, to do more, and right now I'm feeling an awful lot like it's not getting me much of anywhere, and all the extra energy has been completely wasted.

Sure the business has better marketing, more fans and therefore more sales, but with each increase in sales I feel like there is more to do to get to the next level.  I'm having a difficult time figuring out where to land. Not that I will cease pushing forward, but a least take it at a more leasurly pace. Sprinting at this pace will surely give me a heart attack or a least a nervous breakdown sooner rather than later.  I have to figure out how to slow down, I cannot and don't want to live my life like this. There just has to be another way.

I feel like I know what type of lifestyle I want. Dave and I have come a long ways and really don't need much.  I'm really the type of person that would rather have less and live more.  Being the owner of a creative business means nothing extravagant, and I like that. It's not a comprimise to me, but a welcomed gift.

I have a deadline to make this business work. The last few years of growing the business have been to get it to a point where it can bring in extra income.  Now that I feel like we are past the breaking point a little bit, I have a lot of financial plans this next year to set us up for success when not having a regular job to lean back on becomes a reality.  I'm so worried something will come up (as it always does) that will alter this very detailed budget I have laid out, and that I won't make it to my goal.

I guess the bottom line is... it's scary!  I've never liked the unknown. I like things to be well planned and carefully executed. If we can't stick to the plan I've made then come June 2013 I'm going to be on the serious hunt for a job!  Hmmm..... maybe I should start thinking of a few back up plans.

No comments: