Monday, January 23

Take a Step Back...

I don't know about you, but every January I get in a little slump. Something about the ending of the Holidays, the making of resolutions, and the "getting back to work" that just makes me feel a little off.  I am so excited for 2012 and all that I have planned, but somedays it's a little overwhelming and a whole lot scary! So in an attempt to turn around the last week of January and, as we have taught Kaleb, "adjust my attitude,"  I took a look back.

When working for yourself, and especially at the start of a new business, it's easy to feel like you are constantly sprinting in place.  Like there is always more to do, but that you're not progressing.  But looking back allows you to see a big picture, where  you came from, and just how much the hard work has paid off.  So today I looked through some of my sales from about 4 years ago (AKA my first attempt at Etsy).  It truly is amazing how far I have come.

2011 brought a lot of good and new.  It's when I really decided to look at my life and who I was and where I wanted to be.  I started to take my jewelry from just a hobby to a real career.  2011 brought the opening of J4JCharms which has proven to be more successful than I could have ever hoped.

Although there is a GIANT to-do list in 2012, I know it'll be great, even better than 2011. I can only hope to grow as much over the next 4 years as I did the last 4 years.  If I keep pushing forward it's going to be a great decade, and here  is the picture to prove it.



No comments: