Thursday, January 19

CRAZY WEATHER!

If you have watched the news at all in the U.S. you know that the Pacific Northwest is getting hit with some serious snow for the area.  We had about a foot of snow yesterday.  Driving conditions were bearable with my four wheel drive and Alaskan driving experience.  Last night looking to today, we could only make an educated guess as to what we would see.  When the snow had not cleared in the evening, and temperatures dropped school started making the decision to stay closed for the 3rd day in a row.  When I woke up this morning I saw something I had never seen before (even after living in Alaska for 3 years!), and hope to never see again.  It must have rained slightly or melted the top layer of snow just enough before it froze overnight.  My entire yard, sidewalk, cars, and house have about a 3 inch thick later of ice, as I am sure the roads do too.  

I sent my dogs out this morning for a few minutes, and I watched my 30 lb dog, Cash, slide down the little incline that is our sidewalk and slam into the gate at the bottom of the hill.  My other dog just gave up in the middle of the yard and wouldn't walk anymore... needless to say I had to save her.  We're staying in today, it's way too dangerous to be out there.  For those of you waiting on orders, they are ready... they are stuck here, in the ice.  For those of you that don't have orders, I am using my time off to work hard on making some more beautiful items!  

Stay safe out there!

No comments: