Tuesday, January 24

It All Happens So Fast...

Just a few months ago I was posting about how we were constantly working on Kaleb's phoenetics.  He was so interested in words and sounds and figuring out what letters things started with.  Looking back on it, I guess his interest just showed how ready he was to learn. 

Anyways, he is always coming home with these great letter drawings from school.  You know, the dotted line ones that we all traced over as children.  He does amazing on them, but I honestly thought he was just tracing. 

Yesterday morning before school he was determined to make a new book mark for one of his chapter books. Dave and him read one or two chapters every night.  It's usually a Star Wars book, but he is also in complete love with "Jack and Annie" books. He brought me his little yellow note book and pen and said he could make a bookmark with it.  He asked how to spell bookmark...

B...
O...
O..
K...
M...
A...
R...
K...



and whala, I peered over the edge of the paper, and he had writted it all by himself.  I was shocked to know that he can write all of his letters!  I supposed he'll be reading soon!  It's so bittersweet for me.  I love him learning and growing and each stage is more fun than the last, but I miss my baby some days too.  I suppose that's what motherhood is about!

No comments: