Although I was resting, my mind can never truly stop working (thanks for that Dad! ;) I have a HUGE list of to-do's before the next big rush of Valentines orders come. Here's what you have to look forward to:
1. A NEW LOOK: I have worked so hard at trying to keep costs down by doing the graphic design work myself. Although my blog, Etsy sites, business cards and overall brand look decent, I'm ready to take it to the next level. Purchases over the internet can be scary, a professional look will definitely give people the confidence in me and the brand that they need to feel more comfortable. I have enlisted the help of the Freckled Nest team to do the job. I found them a few years back, and drooled over their work. So happy to say that I have come far enough in the business to be at this point. Etsy forums are always saying, sometimes it's better to invest in a professional to do it right, than to pretend like you know what you are doing. I'll keep you posted as the new design is worked on, for now I'm using up the last of the old product I have in preparation for the new look!
Here are a few websites they have done in the past that got me hooked:
2. NEW ITEMS: That's right I have MORE items coming. I am still focusing on the charm shop for now, as I just have more stuff I want to put out. I am working on the following:
- More Metal Charms: Metal charms are a great way to add touches of things that are significant in your life. I have lots to come some of them are:
- Beach items: shells, starfish, sea horses etc.
- Baby stuff: feet, parasol
- Animal stuff: dog and cat paws
- and much more!
2. More 12 mm Designs. Right now we offer just a few "other" designs in the 12 mm option, sports, etc. I am starting to work with a designer to come up with some black and white vector images for these to add to your necklace. Here are a few ideas:
- Nature/Animals: Paw prints, birds, Christmas tree, trees, recycle image
- Other: Umbrella, heart, anchor,
- and much more!
3. Types of Jewelry: During the last few months, I have realized there are a lot more ways to wear the charms, and people are excited about that! I have some great ideas to include:
- 2 strand bracelet
- Leather bracelet wrap
I am sure I am leaving ideas out, as my whiteboard is filled with notes and jots of ideas! But all of it is exciting! Stay tuned because we are constantly evolving and there is bound to be exactly what you want!
3. WHOLESALE OPTIONS FOR J4JCHARMS: I have had a few boutiques contact me since J4JCharms opened about carrying them in shops. It's been on my docket, but I just felt like I needed to do things in order. Make sure my look was sent, have all the items in my head ready, and then make a catalogue or set up some other way for people to order them through their local shops. I have a few great plans in mind, and this is a great time for me to break into that part of the business with the charm jewelry. I am super excited! Definitely tell the shops you love to check us out as the charm jewelry will bring great business to any place!
So excited for 2012 and all it has to bring!