Friday, March 29

The Toothless Wonder



Well it's officially happened! He lost his first tooth! 

It's a huge deal around these parts. He got in the car after school yesterday and immediately told me it was wiggly.  He's been saying that for a few weeks now, but about different teeth. I thought he was just anxious to be like the rest of his friends. So yesterday when he said it loose, I was reluctant to believe it.

As soon as I saw it though, I knew it didn't have much time in there. It was SO wiggly!

He couldn't take his mind off of it, and was moving it back and forth the whole night.  He called everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, he knew and told them he had his first loose tooth! He was so excited.

I took one last shot of him with all his baby teeth yesterday evening.



By bath and bedtime I was sure it was coming out last night. I sent him to bed with a paper towel just in case.  He's normally so good about going right to sleep, but last night he kept getting up wanting to check it in the mirror or show Dave and I how wiggly it was.  He let both of us try and pull it briefly, but we didn't want to pull too hard and scare him, so we let him do it in his own time.

When he was watching his morning cartoons he came running over to me with it in his hand. He said that he had bit down on it, and his bottom teeth pushed it out!

He's super excited because now the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny have to come on the same night. He's sure that they've never met each other and they will be thrilled.  I also made the mistake of telling him that when I was a kid the Tooth Fairy brought me a Cabbage Patch Doll, so he's sure he's getting a toy and not just a silly old quarter! These teeth are going to break our bank!

On top of it all, today is class picture day! Such a rush!


No comments: