Thursday, September 13

Custom Sterling Charms

Well I never know when it's the "right" time to announce new products.  Sometimes it seems too early and ends up meaning my customers have to wait a little longer until all the fine details are hammered out. Sometimes I wish I would have told you sooner because your excitement inspires me and gets me even more motivated. The bottom line is, with this one I'm way too excited not to share it!

This is something I have been wanting to do for awhile, but just recently finally came up with a feasible way to do it. It involves turning your child's handwriting, footprints or silhouette into a stamp and then pressing it into silver clay that when fired becomes pure sterling silver. Pretty awesome right?

I have so many ideas not only for ways to wear them but also different styles of charms. For example, the top left corner has a charm with the largest silhouette. In this one the edges are uncut leaving them looking more like a monogram stamped in a wax seal setting. Plus I want to toy with offering copper and antique brass instead of sterling (I can't help it. I love to mix metals!). And on, and on, and on...

I still have a few kinks to work out, sizing, pricing, plus testing the aforementioned items.  But seriously aren't you excited?


P.S.  If you aren't excited yet, you will be after I tell you that you get to keep the stamp too!  Yes that's right your own custom stamp of your child's handwriting... scrapbook lovers beware this could be pretty amazing!

No comments: